top of page
  • Hiddi

The New Digital LPA is Out. Here's What You Need to Know.

Starting Nov. 14, 2022, individuals will need to make their Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA), a legal document that gives people powers to make decisions for you if you lose mental capacity, online through the Office of Public Guardian Online (OPGO) portal.

The new system uses Singpass to log in and sign off, which means the convenience of having personal details prefilled for you and your donees (the people whom you are giving powers to make decisions for you). You can view the LPA online anytime and share your LPA with people you trust. If you lose your mental capacity, your donees can also share your LPA with third party agencies to facilitate transactions on your behalf.

The downside of the new system? Your donees need to have Singpass. Without it, it's back to hard copy applications, which may be accepted under exceptional circumstances and subjected to the Public Guardian's approval.

Key thing to note: While the application process has been made easier, the certification process - where a certificate issuer (CI) ensures that you have mental capacity, understands the powers that you are giving and not undue influence - can vary. Some CIs require donees to be present during signing while others don't, according to Immortalize database.

Click here for a list of CIs on Immortalize Legacy Marketplace who can certify your LPA. You can check out their procedures, pricing, and book an appointment with them immediately.

Need a suggestion? Speak to us now.

Chat with us now here, email us at, or leave your contact details here and we will reach out to you.


Want to get your elderhood-related documents such as Will, Advance Medical Directive (AMD), and Advance Care Plan (ACP) done?

Reach out and we'll help you get all these matters sorted.


Disclaimer: Nothing in this article or site should be construed as providing legal advice or advice of any sort. The information provided are general in nature and may become inaccurate over time. Please consult a professional for advice.


bottom of page